On Friday, the Crime Branch busted a sex racket in south Mumbai, rescuing 33 women. In a raid carried out, police rescued 33 forced prostitutes on Girgaon. The raid captured 23 people, including agents, employees, and customers.
The dark side of Mumbai
Mumbai, India, is known for its bustling economy with many people who learn how to download 1xbet app, and also betting in land-based casinos. However, this prosperity has not spared the city from the effects of prostitution. In fact, according to a recent report by The Guardian, prostitution is on the rise in Mumbai due to economic conditions and social stigma.
While some may argue that these increases are symptomatic of an overall worsening economy, others believe prostitution should be seen as part of a more significant problem with sexual exploitation.
According to Sonali Kolhatkar’s writing for Scroll.in, “the commodification and commercialization [of sexuality] lead directly or indirectly to violence against women” and “sexual exploitation creates poverty traps where people are trapped in cycles of abuse.”
The current economy is not excellent, and it will only worsen. In fact, according to a recent study by the National Center for Policy Analysis, by 2022, the economy will be in a “bad” state. This means there will be fewer jobs available and more people struggling financially. What are you going to do if this happens to you?
With no jobs and little money, many are turning to prostitution to make ends meet. In fact, according to a study by the National Center for Victims of Crime, almost half of all prostitutes in America are parents or spouses who have turned to the sex trade because they can’t find other work.
And while some people may see prostitution as a way out of difficult circumstances, it’s not always safe or healthy for those involved. Prostitutes often face violence and exploitation from their clients and are at high risk for sexually transmitted infections (STIs).
Not only that but prostituting yourself can lead to financial problems since most prostitutes don’t make much money working alone.
If you’re struggling with these same issues, there’s still hope: There are ways you can get through this tough time without resorting to prostitution. Here are five tips:
1) Seek professional help – If you need support dealing with your unemployment or lack of income, seeking counseling or therapy may be a good option for you. Professional counselors have experience helping people cope with difficult situations like this one and will be able to provide guidance and support throughout their ordeal.
2) Connect with friends – It can be helpful to talk about what’s happening with others who understand what you’re experiencing firsthand. Friends also offer emotional support when things get rough.
3) Make use of ways to make online –You can buy and sell items on eBay or start a drop shipping business.
4) Start an online business. There are thousands of businesses available on the internet that you can start and run without any investment or technical knowledge. All you need is a website and some marketing skills to get started
5). Become a freelancer. Freelancing is one of the most popular ways to make extra money online because it’s flexible and allows you to work from home. You can find freelance writing opportunities all over the internet, so start searching today
6) Sell products on Amazon. Selling products on Amazon has become one of the most popular methods for making money online because it’s simple, fast, and reliable
7). Create your e-course or course content. If teaching others how to do something is what interests you, then creating your e-course or course content could be an excellent way to monetize your knowledge.
8) Do odd jobs. Odd jobs aren’t just for kids anymore; adults can also use this opportunity as another source of income. From cleaning houses to fixing cars, finding small tasks that need to be done can net you some cash without much effort on your part
While it’s difficult to say precisely why prostitution is on the rise in Mumbai right now, it’s clear that something needs to be done about it. If this trend continues unchecked, it could have severe consequences for society and those involved in this work.