September 15th is Engineer’s Day. The word “Engineer” is derived from “Anjaneyar” (or Hanuman) who built a bridge and didn’t hang around with girls. So now you know what you have to be in-order to be a good Engineer! 😉
Now get to the serious stuff, there are many things we don’t know about the Engineering marvel RAMA Setu.
This video presents 10 Incredible Facts about RAMA Setu you should know
1. RAMA Setu is also known as Adan’s Bridge. Epic Ramayana Says, Rama Setu was buit by Nal & Neel for RAM & Army to rescue Sita who was Hostage by Ravan
2. Rama Setu took 5 days to build by 10 Million Vanaras (Apes) under the supervision of Architect Nal
3. Age and Structure Rama Setu is 1.7 Million Years Old.
4. It is found that RAMA Setu is made of a chain of limestone shoals.It is 30 Km Long and 3 Km Wide.
5. Location of RAMA Setu, it Starts from Dhanushkodi tip of India’s Pamban Island and ends at Sri Lanka’s Mannar Island. Sea in these areas is very shallow, its depth being only 1 meter to 10 meter.
6. Mystery of Floating Stones, in Ramayan it is mentioned that the bridge was built by Stones and these stone starts Floating on water by touch of Nala & Neel. Some such stones were scattered at Rameswaram during the Tsunami these Stones Still Floats on Water.
7. Natural or Man Made- Many Geologist says RAMA Setu is built by natural process but failed to Provide enough proofs. Apart from Ramayana there are several facts which says RAMA Setu is Man made Structure.
8. Facts that prove it is Man Made.The places mentioned in Ramayan exactly matches to the current location of the bridge.
9. RAMA Setu was built 1.2 million years ago.Temple records says that Rama’s Bridge was completely above sea level until it broke in a cyclone in AD 1480. RAMA Setu was walkable till 1480 AD.
10. NASA Says what had been captured by satellite is naturally occurring chain of sandbanks. RAMA Setu is the Masterpiece of 1.7 Million year old Engineering. It was not just random throwing of stones, it was first Surveyed well planned and then built.