- total shares
- FB Messenger
If you’re planning a trip to the United States in 2023 and are an avid nature lover, then visiting some of the country’s national parks should definitely be on your itinerary. With over 60 national parks across the country, it can be difficult to decide which ones to visit. To make your decision easier, we have compiled a list of the 10 best national parks in the USA that you should visit in 2023.
Table of Contents
- Yosemite National Park
- Yellowstone National Park
- Grand Canyon National Park
- Glacier National Park
- Acadia National Park
- Zion National Park
- Rocky Mountain National Park
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park
- Olympic National Park
- Joshua Tree National Park
The United States is home to some of the most beautiful national parks in the world. From the towering peaks of the Rocky Mountains to the sun-kissed deserts of the Southwest, the diversity of landscapes and wildlife found within these parks is truly awe-inspiring. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at the 10 best national parks in the USA that you should visit in 2023.
2. Yosemite National Park
Located in California’s Sierra Nevada mountains, Yosemite National Park is known for its stunning granite cliffs, waterfalls, and giant sequoias. The park is a popular destination for rock climbers and hikers, with over 800 miles of trails to explore. Be sure to check out the iconic Half Dome and El Capitan rock formations, as well as the breathtaking Yosemite Valley.
3. Yellowstone National Park
Yellowstone National Park is located primarily in Wyoming and features geysers, hot springs, and a diverse range of wildlife, including grizzly bears, wolves, and bison. The park’s most famous attraction is the Old Faithful geyser, which erupts roughly every 90 minutes. Visitors can also explore the park’s many hiking trails, rivers, and lakes.
4. Grand Canyon National Park
One of the most iconic natural landmarks in the USA, the Grand Canyon is a must-see destination for anyone visiting the Southwest. Located in Arizona, the park features towering cliffs and deep canyons that stretch for miles. Visitors can explore the park on foot, on a mule ride, or by helicopter.
5. Glacier National Park
Located in Montana, Glacier National Park is home to over a million acres of rugged wilderness and stunning mountain scenery. The park features hundreds of miles of hiking trails, as well as pristine lakes and rivers that are perfect for fishing and boating.
6. Acadia National Park
Located in Maine, Acadia National Park is known for its rocky coastline, granite peaks, and diverse wildlife. Visitors can explore the park’s many hiking trails, or take a scenic drive along the 27-mile Park Loop Road.
7. Zion National Park
Located in Utah, Zion National Park is known for its towering sandstone cliffs and stunning canyons. The park features a variety of hiking trails, including the popular Angels Landing hike, which offers breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape.
8. Rocky Mountain National Park
Located in Colorado, Rocky Mountain National Park is known for its towering peaks, alpine lakes, and abundant wildlife. Visitors can explore the park’s many hiking trails, go fishing in one of the park’s many streams and lakes, or take a scenic drive along the Trail Ridge Road.
9. Great Smoky Mountains National Park
Located on the border of Tennessee and North Carolina, Great Smoky Mountains National Park is the most visited national park in the USA. The park is known for its misty mountains, cascading waterfalls, and diverse wildlife, including black bears and elk. Visitors can explore the park’s many hiking trails, or take a scenic drive along the Newfound Gap Road.
10. Olympic National Park
Located in Washington state, Olympic National Park is known for its rugged coastline, ancient forests, and glaciers. Visitors can explore the park’s many hiking trails, or take a scenic drive along the Hurricane Ridge Road. The park is also home to several hot springs, which are popular with visitors.
11. Joshua Tree National Park
Located in Southern California, Joshua Tree National Park is known for its otherworldly landscapes, with unique rock formations and the park’s namesake Joshua trees. Visitors can explore the park’s many hiking trails, rock climb, or stargaze at night.
The USA is home to some of the world’s most stunning national parks, and with so many to choose from, it can be overwhelming to decide which ones to visit. We hope this list of the 10 best national parks in the USA to visit in 2023 has helped you narrow down your choices and plan an unforgettable trip.
- When is the best time to visit national parks in the USA? A: The best time to visit national parks in the USA varies depending on the park and the activities you want to do. Generally, spring and fall are the best times to visit, as the weather is mild and the crowds are smaller.
- Are national parks in the USA accessible for people with disabilities? A: Many national parks in the USA offer accessibility options for visitors with disabilities, including wheelchair-accessible trails, audio tours, and braille maps. However, accessibility varies by park, so it’s best to check with each park before your visit.
- Can I bring my dog to national parks in the USA? A: Dogs are generally allowed in national parks in the USA, but there are restrictions on where they can go and what activities they can participate in. Check with each park before your visit for specific rules and regulations.
- Do I need to make reservations to visit national parks in the USA? A: Some national parks in the USA require reservations for camping, lodging, or specific activities. Check with each park before your visit to see if reservations are necessary.
- What should I pack for a trip to national parks in the USA? A: Be sure to pack appropriate clothing and footwear for the activities you plan to do, as well as sunscreen, insect repellent, and plenty of water. It’s also a good idea to bring a map of the park and a first aid kit.
25 Best National Parks in the USA
- total shares
- FB Messenger