Latest posts by Sufia Banu (see all)
Dads are important. Exactly as important as mothers are in a child’s life. Father’s influences the lives of their children tremendously and have critical roles to play in a child’s development. Today we are going to take a moment to recognise how remarkably our dads have helped (and are still helping) to shaping our live.
1. He recounts to you how he met your mother and how he went insanely happy when you were born
My dad had been recounting these stories to me for several years, over and over and over again.
2. When you were just a small bundle, he often got up for late night feeding, changing diapers, wiping your butt or supervising your potty sessions
3. Being your greatest teacher, your papa taught you to act with responsibility and take responsibility of your actions
4. He treated you the way he wanted to be treated when he was a kid – with respect, attention and unfaltering encouragement
5. He showered his unconditional love for your mother without restraint and basically gave you a guide on ‘how to become the best partner in the world’
6. He listened when you needed to be heard and learned what the kids wanted/expected from their father
7. He fed your imagination with ghosts and fairy stories & even made ridiculous noises while reading Jungle Book when you were young
8. Admit it, you used to love riding on your father’s shoulders (more than any other ride in the park) when you were very young
9. He coached you in sports, adventures, games and also taught you how to play hide-and-seek
10. Your father disciplined you when you required to be disciplined
By doing so he made you accountable, infused consistency and brought balance in your life.
11. Not-to-mention the kick-ass life advises he gives you – “if someone ever touches you where you don’t want them to, crack their skull with your knuckles. I’ll handle the rest.”
12. No matter how financially capable you become, they are always trying to pay on your behalf
Me: I got my salary today. Finally I’ll buy the laptop I require for my work.
Dad: Let me buy that to you. I’ve got some money deposited in bank. How will you survive if you have to buy such expensive things?
Me: Dad, I won’t use all my salary.
Dad: No argument, let me buy it to you. I’ve got some money deposited in bank. How will you survive if you have to buy such expensive things?
13. He voices his admiration for you in front of everyone (which can sometimes be very very embarrassing)
Because he understands the greatness of what you’ve achieved and what more you can do.
14. In the world we live in, fathers set a healthy loving tone for family relationships by respecting you, your brothers and sister and your mother
This is one of the signs of a truly great father.
15. Since childhood he’s the one who has guided you to see life for what it is and love life for what it is
Coz you’ve got only one life to live! Be thankful to your father.